You’re ALL ABOUT GOING THAT extra MILE TO help OTHERS.
Shift Lead, Roadside Assistance
How many times have people said to you “I knew I could count on you”?
You’re the person your friends and family turn to when there’s a crisis because they know that you’ll calmly guide them through the storm.
When our Member Service Representatives (here in our centre) and remote agents (who work from home) are in need of guidance, you’ll know exactly how to get them the help and support they need.
It’s exactly these qualities that we’re looking for in a Shift Lead for our 24/7 Roadside Assistance team.
(Include but are not limited to)
• You’ll mentor our Member Service Representatives and remote agents
• You’ll take ownership and empathetically handle each unique situation our members face and help find solutions
• You’ll do some administrative things like monitoring queues and agent status
• You’ll follow up on incoming emails, along with online/smart phone service requests (yes that’s right – we have an app!)
• You’ll support our remote agents through our chat application (they work from home and can be anywhere in Canada)
• You’ll stay on top of our AMA products and services, as well as Roadside Assistance services and systems – and help everyone around you embrace and become comfortable with our procedures and adopt anything new that comes out
• You have a high school diploma
• You have at least 3 years of customer service experience, preferably in a call centre environment
• Your ability to communicate clearly and with a smile in your voice is equally matched by your excellent telephone etiquette and professionalism
• You know your way around a computer and you’re comfortable learning new applications and systems
• You are available to work a variety of shifts as we are open 24/7 and are able to sit for extended periods of time
• Helping others comes as naturally to you as breathing
• You’re the ultimate “people whisperer” – you can diffuse even the most stressful situations with your warmth and friendliness
• You can multi-task like nobody’s business without missing a beat or a single detail
• You enjoy being part of a team and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• A job where you’re on the phone all day? It’s your teenage dream come true! (Ditto for getting to wear jeans)
The AMA Roadside Assistance Contact Centre operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. The shifts, although assigned, may be subject to change in order to address call volumes and/or operational needs; therefore, flexibility is required. We are currently looking to fill a full time, 40 hour/week position, with hours of work being between the hours of 7:00 am and 11:00 pm, all seven days of the week, on a rotational schedule. Scheduling will be provided well in advance and details will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. All matters relating to recruitment, promotions, and training and development are decided on the basis of qualifications and business need.