Service Vehicle Operators, as the AMA’s frontline roadside service providers, have a unique and vital role serving Members when they need help the most. This position has primary responsibility for providing roadside assistance to members of the Alberta Motor Association and affiliated clubs.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Minimum five years of driving experience
- Able to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends; and perform effectively in extreme hot or cold weather conditions
- Trailer towing and commercial driving experience with a working knowledge of city routes
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and problem solving skills
- Maintain good physical conditioning to be able to manipulate/maneuver vehicle and/or equipment for towing and servicing
- Able to lift, remove, replace dolly wheel assemblies/servicing equipment
- Able to lift and manipulate a tire and wheel assembly (up to 40 kg.) and apply appropriate strength to loosen or tighten most wheel lug nuts
- Able to twist, crawl, lay and bend while servicing vehicles for extended periods of time on several occasions throughout the shift
- Able to sit and drive for long periods of time during each shift
- Friendly, outgoing and customer service orientated with a caring approach to service
- Team orientated
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with members of association, customers, managers and co-workers
- Comprehensive training and equipment provided.
We are looking for someone with a strong customer focus, energetic perspective and enthusiastic demeanor…Because it’s never just a tow. The ideal candidate should also be outgoing, organized and have a positive attitude.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. All matters relating to recruitment, promotions, and training and development are decided on the basis of qualifications and business need.